[thelist] ColdFusion, LDAP, and binary data

Karl Nelson knelson at psesd.wednet.edu
Mon May 6 12:34:01 CDT 2002

To any ColdFusion gurus out there,

I'm using cfldap to authenticate users (Active Directory, Win2k).  I'd
also like to pull each user's objectGUID out through LDAP as a way to
uniquely identify the user.  The problem is that objectGUID is stored in
the Active Directory as binary data.  When its returned to me via cfldap,
its no longer binary data--just a string of garbage.  Does anyone know a
way to get binary data from cfldap?  Or convert objectGUID to a string
before cfdlap gets it?

thanks,

Karl