[thelist] Font Sizing

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Mon May 6 13:03:01 CDT 2002

> I am leaning towards using pt measurements in my CSS.  What are the
> main downsides of taking this action?

Pt and Px are a bad thing, IMHO.  Up until last Tuesday I was using px
to design a company intranet site, until I got a call from one of our
staff who has site difficulties.  She already has to use a powerful
magnifying glass to see the screen effectively.  She couldn't see the
text and was unable to alter her font sizes.  I then had to go back and
change everything to ems, which took a little time, but now she can do
her job.   Thinking along the lines of the American 508 rules and the UK
disability discrimination/at work acts, making sites accessible to
everyone should be something that you should defiantly strive towards
doing.  So, use a flexible font size, not static!

Kind regards

Francis