[thelist] dedicated server or options

Jen Worden jen at meadoworks.com
Tue May 7 10:06:00 CDT 2002

Hi Folks ...

I *think* I'm in the market for a dedicated server but maybe I'm missing
something and thought I'd ask first. (such a novel concept! :)

Situation: We have a client that has a corporate website - not huge by any
stretch of the imagination and no database/dynamic content - but they need
reliable service. One where they can get top level support if/when
necessary. (aside: we had a situation on Friday where the host switched IP
numbers and because the client handles the DNS records, the site was
unavailable for 24 hours. not a happy client!!)

So. Is a dedicated server the way to go? Other options, thoughts or opinions?

TIA ... Jen

Jen Worden - Web Developer
meadoworks - http://www.meadoworks.com