[thelist] iframes , divs, and mac IE 5.0

Adam adam at hallinteractive.com
Tue May 7 10:10:01 CDT 2002

Hello!
I'm doing up a free site for a friend and I've hit a snag. I've got
http://www.youngpup.net  's menu slide script going and in win ie5* the
layers glide gracefully as they should over an iframe I've set up. I tried
the test page in mozilla9.9/ win and in order to get the layers to cover the
iframe all I had to do was move the menus under the <iframe> tag.
that doesn't seem to werk on mac ie5.0 which displays the iframe over my
layers...and now that I look closely it also misaligns the layer
positions...*scratches head*

just to give you an idea of my javascript skills, it took me almost an hour
to figure out how to add an onclick event to the menu script. There's a lot
of code involved so I didn't want to include it here.

If anyone can help or give me an idea as to where I can look for an answer
I'd be much obliged ;)

http://www.pupilchoke.com/shug/

thx!
Adam.

<tip type="visual hierarchy">
One way to aid readability and "scannability" of your text heavy documents
is to develop the right relationships between your type weights. Giving your
main navigation, your section headings, and your copy the same font size and
weight isn't as effective of setting up visual prominence for the more
important information while maintaining "friendliness" between them all. ie:
main nav: 12px/bold, headings 16px/bold, subheadings 14px/bold, copy
12px/normal.
</tip>