[thelist] HTML Newsletter Blank in WebMail Clients

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Tue May 7 16:23:15 CDT 2002

Gina K. Anderson wrote:

<quote>
I'm in the test phase of my HTML newsletter project here, and found a snafu.
It
display great in Outlook and such programs, but is a blank white space in
web
mail clients like SprintPCS's and Mail.com.

[snip]
http://www.papocketpets.com/newsletter/template_html.html

</quote>

It's probably a \r\n missing in the headers, I dare say that Outlook and so
forth are more tolerant than web mail clients can be. Also make sure that
your to and subject don't have \r or \n.

What headers are being set for the php script that creates and sends the
email?

http://www.zend.com/manual/function.mail.php

http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/679/24

http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/kartic20000807.php3