[thelist] Ethical issues concerning re-use (and heavy modification) of images

michael ensor edc at wnc.quik.co.nz
Thu May 9 05:04:00 CDT 2002

James,

While I recognise that the web is global and one must cater for the lowest
common denominator the sources you have quoted are all USA based.

e.g. copyright protection does not globally  depend on registration. [In
many jurisdiction design does ].

The grundnorm for copyright is the Berne Convention [still] .

Cheers