[thelist] xhtml conversion

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu May 9 07:01:01 CDT 2002

> From: "George Klingenhoffer" <georgeklingenhoffer at hotmail.com>
[...]
> But what I'm hearing is that no browser has a problem reading and
> rendering XHTML identical to HTML files.

to date, i've found no problems... as long as i use the space before
the trailing slash in self-terminating elements...

i do know the XML declaration (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-
8"?>) can cause problems in some IE/Mac versions (4.5 in particular,
and i've heard mozilla, but never seen which version), but it's not a
required element...

you should be ok, but it doesn't hurt to test in all the browsers
that traffic your site...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself