[thelist] frames without <frames>

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu May 9 08:41:01 CDT 2002

Simon Hibbard wrote:

> http://www.15seconds.com/issue/010220.htm discusses server.Execute.
> Although seems only useful to actually execute other scripts, don't
> know what it would do with a *.doc/html

Seems easy enough to try :-), but ...

> surely this sort of dynamic content without frames is used all the
> time?

Yeah, but I don't do ASP, so I don't know it's I/O capabilities.

In JSP I'll sometimes open a socket to a remote server to read in
some content (usually from a legacy CGI program, but works fine for
whatever). If it's a full-blown HTML page, you need to filter out
(minimally) the extraneous HTML HEAD and BODY tags ...

HTH!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --