[thelist] Dw MX concensus

Daniel Fascia danfascia at totalise.co.uk
Thu May 9 11:20:01 CDT 2002

Im sure you all have your hands on Dreamweaver MX... as do I. Now you may all remember that Im not traditionally a big fan of the weaver ( cf.
http://www.evolt.org/article/Die_Dreamweaver_Die/21/15412/index.html )

My views on the new version are mixed....

1) I love the new coding features.. tag hints etc and the move towards homesite style in that department

2) Support for PHP etc is a mystery... it just doesnt get annoyed when you type it rather than actually being set up to do PHP natively

3) The CSS interface is still APPALLING

4) It still modifies code against my will... That is the most annoying thing about DW. Why didnt macromedia invent a custom tag so that anything you nested would not
be touched by the DW engine...  i.e.

<!-- DW-noparse -->

my code here...

<!-- ends DW-noparse -->

Love to hear other peoples views / ideas