[thelist] Dw MX concensus

Matt Liotta mliotta at r337.com
Thu May 9 14:01:11 CDT 2002

SO in other words, Microsoft published an interface API that feature
matches VSS. You as a developer as welcome to implement that API for
your own source code control system, but much the API might not make
sense.

VSS and CVS are very different from a methodology perspective. For
example, there is no such thing as checking in or out of a file. Thus,
offering this API doesn't really help me if I still have to use a CVS
client to do my work.

-Matt