[thelist] css class vs id (div or p )

Andrew Maynes andrew at uk-webdeveloper.co.uk
Fri May 10 05:53:02 CDT 2002

I actually knew so it aint a problem sounded quite polite enough for me, I think
I just wanted to clarify the two answers to the riginal question which both used
different tags to explain the difference between id and class one used <p> and
the other <div>!

one thing that wasn't mentioned is defining the id and class within <style> and
using # and . but no doubt that is in the archive section.

Andrew

At 10:09 10/05/02 +0100, you wrote:

>A <p> is to mark up a paragraph of text.
>A <div> is to mark up a division of content within the page.
>
>Simple, isn't it?

sorry.. i didn't mean that to sound to rude.
in my head that read as a rhetorical question, suggesting that the
distinction was less simple than it could be. i realise that didn't come
across the way i wrote it and i apologise.

simon

---