[thelist] Phriday Phreebie

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Fri May 10 09:58:01 CDT 2002

Because I needed this today, because I've been quiet for a while and
because I probably owe from somewhere...

--Ben

<tip type="SQL" author="Ben Dyer">

Suppose you have a Clients table and a Projects table and you need a query
to find out which clients have the most projects in the database (or
anything else where you need to know how many times records from a field in
Table A appear in its related field in Table B).

SELECT          txtCustID
               , COUNT(txtCustID) AS tmpCustCount
FROM            tblProject
GROUP BY        txtCustID