[thelist] Advice on Getting That First Client

Daniel Fascia danfascia at totalise.co.uk
Fri May 10 11:08:00 CDT 2002

>>portfolio (if you have one). Then go to business meetings and gatherings of

A great way of building a portfolio if you don't have much to your name and are struggling for business is to offer charities schools, churches etc free basic design.
They rarely have the resources to employ a full time designer and would value help

It will build you work and they can offer referrals, testimonials etc which can help build your image. Also consider doing knock price solutions for your / your parents
friends and business associates... all good experience

>>Have some inexpensive business cards made up (or make them yourself with
>>pre-perfed cards in your desk-jet) and set up a web site for yourself with a

I still print my own 3 years down the line ;-)