[thelist] ColdFusion Remark Tip

Bryan T. Buchs bbuchs at mac.com
Fri May 10 11:45:01 CDT 2002

 > > Personally I don't even bother using HTML Comments when doing any
> > CF development, in my eyes there's no need to pass comments on to the
> > HTML.  If anyone is viewing the HTML source with some purpose, its me
> > and I wrote the code so I know what I'm looking for.
>
> They are still helpful at times - especially if you are generating a
> very large page w/ complex layout. You may need the HTML comments to
> help you find particular parts of the page.

[long-time-listener-first-time-caller...]

Nope, I agree. If I'm commenting my code, it's so I or anyone else working
on the site can make heads or tails of my code. I'm not commenting for
someone viewing the source of the page through a browser. If you're coding
CF, there's very little reason to switch gears and user HTML comments.