[thelist] PHP - array manipulation

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Fri May 10 14:59:01 CDT 2002

I've been monkeyin' with this, trying to find the answer all day. I finally
figured it was time to ask someone who already knows the answer.

I'm working in PHP. I have an array. I need to remove a few values, then
return them to the array in the form of a combined single value. To be more
specific:

- I want to remove $array['month'], $array['day'], and $array['year'].
- Then I want to turn them into
"$array['year']-$array['month']-$array['day']".
- Then I want to return that new value to the array as $array['date'].

The array also contains many other key/value pairs.
Any idea what the simplest method of doing this might be?

Thanks,
BH