[thelist] Is a copyright statement required?

Shoshannah Forbes xslf at xslf.com
Sat May 11 12:45:01 CDT 2002

First- IANAL.
IF I remember correctly, the work is still copyrighted even without  a
notice.
However, I having one helps:
a. prevent small time theft from naive (or wanna be naive) people.
b. helps establish when the work was published, thus making it easer to
determine who came first (i.e., who copied from who)

--
http://www.tellinglies.org/news  |  http://www.xslf.com