[thelist] quick site check

Mark Gallagher mark at cyberfuddle.com
Mon May 13 05:15:00 CDT 2002

Lachlan Cannon wrote:
> \rudy\ said:
>
>>lachlan, you forgot to mention the url
>>
>>is it http://members.evolt.org/luminosity?
>>
>>if so, there\'s not a lot to see
>
> Yeah, just a test post - that should allow access to all the pages that
> people could get to.

Well, it looks okay to me, but the background (while not, for me, too
dark) conflicts with the link colour - it's still possible to tell them
apart, but only just.  For a similar effect, imagine a less annoying
version of light yellow on a white background.

<snip />

>>the grey background is a bit too dark for me
>
> Alternate stylesheet mechanism will be my next improvement on it, once the
> basic code is all working.

*Please* tell me it won't use javascript :o)

>>the box is perhaps a bit too narrow -- too much white space
>
> guh? the content box is meant to have borders 20 px from the menu, and the
> right side. which works for me in everything but opera 6 which I haven't
> found a fix for. it would also be 20px from the bottom, but for browser
> support. :S

Opera doesn't support the "overflow:" property :o(.  It also sometimes
seems to screw up box widths and suchlike for no discernible reason -
presumably on a whim.

--
Mark Gallagher