[thelist] JavaScript: the Back Button

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Mon May 13 13:52:00 CDT 2002

> Well it would be great if I could do this AND populate the form object
> with the variables that my hidden script generates, but near as I can
> tell I can't.
>
> I'm starting to think that I'll have to do something like this in the
> hidden script:

Methinks I fired off that reply too quick. I took my sample from a shopping
cart (unsecure - for learning JS only eh) I made for school that uses a hidden
javascript file also, that file writes the next page which displays the cart items
and contains the back button. Don't know VB script well, but I don't think it
can be mixed with JS in your case though...
If you like I can zip up the whole JS site and email it to you for your perusal.
There is just too much to explain in a simple email and looking at the code
itself may do more for a programmer than what I could write here.