[thelist] MySQL CREATE TABLE - img file??

kristina kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Tue May 14 08:11:01 CDT 2002

Ben,

Thanks for replying.

on Tuesday, May 14, 2002, 12:10:45 PM, Ben wrote:

<:>
> however, you can also use the primary key of the record to reference the
> actual image file stored on the server. for example, the table 'courses'
> could have a record with an id of '1002'. the file could be stored on
> the server at '/public_html/courses_photos/1002.jpg'. this way, the
> database doesn't need to store the image data (which could be very
> large).
<:>

  I prefer the referencing method.  And I have a couple of questions
  about that!!  :o)

  How does the img name get controlled!!  - I mean how does the name
  of the img get changed to be the same as the primary key.

  Do you know of any tutorials that cover this - (beginner standard)

  Thanks for your help.

--
bfn
~kristina