[thelist] Alternative to Atomz search

nets at searchtools.com nets at searchtools.com
Fri May 17 11:46:00 CDT 2002

I have a slightly elderly comparative review of ten remote search
services: Atomz, FreeFind, Google, IndexMySite4Free, siteLevel,
MiniSearch, MondoSearch, PicoSearch, SiteMiner and Webinator at

<http://www.searchtools.com/reviews/remotesearch/>

You should also take a look at FusionBot from Logika, which I haven't
reviewed but like pretty well.

To see these and more in action, I have the following running on my
Live Search Examples page

Lycos Site Search, S.L.I. Search, Spiderline, Sandy Bay, FusionBot,
Datagold, SearchEngine Site Search, Google Site Search, crawl-it,
Search-It, MiniSearch, IndexMySite4Free, siteLevel (formerly
intraSearch), Atomz Search, FreeFind, MondoSearch, PicoSearch,
Webinator.

<<http://www.searchtools.com/search/search.html>

Please let me know if you have specific questions about any of these,
or any other site/intranet search engines.  I love to talk about them!

Avi

--
Complete Guide to Search Engines for Web Sites and Intranets
    <http://www.searchtools.com>