[thelist] Calculat on calculation in SQL? NEVER-MIND

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Fri May 17 12:29:01 CDT 2002

[snip]
select cycleNumber,
cycleDate,
cycleDateDue,
DATE_ADD(cycleDateDue, INTERVAL 5 DAY) AS ReminderLetterDate,
DATE_ADD(cycleDateDue, INTERVAL 15 DAY) AS ReminderCallDate1,
DATE_ADD(cycleDateDue, INTERVAL 30 DAY) AS SuspendLetterDate, /*A calculated
date*/
DATE_ADD('SuspendLetterDate', INTERVAL 12 DAY) AS AccountSuspendDate
/*Attempt to calculate against that calculated date*/
from tblBillCycle;
[/snip]

I was able to talk the PTB into calculating all of the dates based on
cycleDateDue, which was my argument in the first place. The INTERVAL is
fixed from SuspendLetterDate, which in turn is fixed from cycleDateDue.
INTERVAL 42 DAY...

*gawd, why go through all of this only to agree with the original thought
later in the day?*

Thanks!

Jay