[thelist] I'm gonna switch! I mean it this time!

lordcutter at telocity.com lordcutter at telocity.com
Fri May 17 13:12:09 CDT 2002

As a person that made a similar choice about a year ago
I would strongly caution you to think about your
overall computing and not focus on graphics and design.

I went to the store thinking "wow macs are great at
graphics and desgin, I should change over to be a true
designer"

While I cannot speak badly about mac as a system, its
hardware and software work as advertised - I did run
into the problem of being a mac user surrounded by pc
users.

I found myself slowly going back to the pc for other
tasks, like watching windows media player video, or
using other tools that are pc only, or playing games.

If you only user software from adobe and macromedia its
a pretty sweet system, if not I wouldn't suggest it.

my 2cents -
Cameron