[thelist] I'm gonna switch! I mean it this time!

Kevin B. O'Brien ahuka at ahuka.com
Fri May 17 18:44:01 CDT 2002

At 01:43 PM 5/17/2002 -0400, Bill Haenel said something remarkably like
(but somehow subtly different from):
> > Have you considered keeping the PCs running a Unix variant?
>
>I tried Linux - Seemed like it was great for running a server, but it also
>seemed like a bigger jump from PC to Linux than it would be from PC to Mac.
>Does that make sense? Am I mistaken?
>
>I'm quite certain I would learn to adapt to whatever I go with. But the less
>adaptation I have to do the better.

My way of looking at it is that I enjoy freedom to do things my way, use
whatever hardware I want to use, and never be hostage to a company that can
suddenly pull the plug on me. Mac is even more restrictive than Windows in
some respects, and that is why I started moving to Linux.

For me, open source means free, and not necessarily in the financial sense
of the word.

Though free software is not a problem.<g>

--
Kevin B. O'Brien         TANSTAAFL
ahuka at ahuka.com
"University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so
small." -- Henry Kissinger

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/