[thelist] free tips

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sat May 18 14:09:00 CDT 2002

<tip type="software" author="mwarden">
The default MovableType 2.11 stylesheet contains one error and a good
number of warnings when validated. Things that need to be changed are:

errors:
letter-spacing: .none; (one occurence)

warnings:
background: transparent; (add to a good number of classes)
color: #xxx; (add some color to a good number of classes)
</tip>

<tip type="software" author="mwarden">
Even though I couldn't find a SINGLE reference to it (I went looking for
exactly which version began using XHTML), MovableType outputs as XHTML,
using divs and whatnot. Had I known this before installing, I probably
wouldn't have chosen it to run my blog (no, I'm not going to plug it, even
though I know you want me to). I've already had Netscape 4 users report
that they can't view it at all, which annoys me so much that I *almost*
want to rewrite the templates in html 4.01.

just an fyi, since they don't tell you on the release notes, the
documentation, the about page, or the faq page.
</tip>

<tip type="software" author="mwarden">
Working through a telnet/ssh client and getting annoying "new
mail" alerts that are disrupting your screen? Most clients will refresh
the screen with a Ctrl+L.
</tip>

--
mattwarden