[thelist] form data gone

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun May 19 16:15:07 CDT 2002

On May 19, Erik Mattheis had something to say about [thelist] form data gone

>I have a series of forms ... when the "back" or "forward" buttons on
>the browser are used, my browser doesn't attempt to send the posted
>form data and the page throws an error ... what is it t6hat I should
>know that I don't? Does this work differently when it's a secure
>connection?

you're saying that the browser doesn't attempt to *re*-send the data,
right? like, you post a form which goes to another form. you fill out
and post that form and go tothe next page, but then you hit back
and the form data from the first form isn't re-posted?

if that's what you're saying, try hitting refresh/reload. you are probably
viewing a cached version when you go back into your history.

the only thing that puzzles me is the error you get, unless it's a
client-side-displayed error.

hth,

--
mattwarden