[thelist] form data gone

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun May 19 16:18:00 CDT 2002

Yes, the back and forward buttons on the browser, specifically IE 5 Mac.

Example of what is happening:

Page 1: visitor enters value for name_first

Page 2: name_first is validated and if validation succeeds, it is now
in a hidden form field

Page 3: validates form fields from Page 2. If validation fails, the
visitor is asked to use their back button to return to the previous
page.

Back at Page 2: name_first is undefined ... all the values that had
been entered are gone.

Again, this is only happening in IE 5 Mac ... or rather it doesn't
happen in IE 5.5 Win.

>Hi Erik,
>
>Maybe you could give some additional information? Some parts of your forms?
>Are those back and forward buttons the buttons of the browsers of the
>buttons you built in your form? To post information, you'll need to use your
>own buttons. When using the browser buttons, the form data isn't sent.
>
>Gijs

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/