[thelist] Am I infected or what?

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Mon May 20 10:58:01 CDT 2002

Chris Ditty wrote on 20 May 2002 16:35:

<cut>
I have started receiving email bounces from servers saying that I am
emailing
viruses.  I have run Norton Antivirus with the latest definitions and it
finds
nothing.  Can someone look at the headers below and see if there is
something
fishy?

</cut>

Hi,

Part of the way some new viruses operate is to spoof the email account that
the virus is being sent from. One cunning trick used is to send an email
from Person A, but use email address of Person B (that may have been found
in person A address book). A victim gets the message and lets the sender
know that they had a virus (Person B), but it wasn't them!

Anyway, try an online scan at http://housecall.antivirus.com/ Obviously
you'll need a nice fast or free connection to bother...

Kind regards,
Liam Delahunty
:: Tune In :: Drop Down  :: Game On :: http://www.corx.co.uk/