[thelist] IE changes MIME-Type?

Melvin Isken evolt at melvin-isken.de
Mon May 20 11:52:01 CDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Hi!
I´m working on my upload script with php. It is ready for use - I thought. I
tested it with Mozilla 1.0 and Opera 5 and it worked fine but then I testet it
with IE 6 and theres a problem: IE seems to change the MIME- Type of the
uploaded files. In the script I got a function to limit the filetypes:
if(uploadedfile_type!="image/gif") echo "wrong filetype" and so on.
If I try to upload the file "cnn.gif" with Mozilla and Opera they do it but
with IE I get the message "wrong filetype"
Why?
Thanks
Melvin