[thelist] Z-Index / Divs over Divs

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Mon May 20 15:41:01 CDT 2002

Hi,

<----- Original Message -----
<From: "Anthony Baratta" <Anthony at Baratta.com>
<I.E. 5+ on the Mac:

<We have two rows of main menus. They are close enough that the
<drop downs for the top row "overlap" the second row of main menus.
<With Mac IE, while moving the mouse down a selected drop down menu
<if "hit" a covered main menu, the MouseOver event fires for the
<covered menu. This does not happen on any other browser or platform.

You could try doing something like this in the top divs:

onmouseover="doFunction(); event.cancelBubble=true;"

Typing from memory I think that should stop events bubbling down in IE.

Cheers,
Richard.