[thelist] site check please

Scott Schrantz scotts at rci-nv.com
Mon May 20 18:21:01 CDT 2002

The site looks really good. I just started getting lost in it, forgetting
that I was doing a critique. A few things jumped out at me, though...

* I wish you could see all the projects at once on the homepage, instead of
having to endure that automatic scroll. I'd like maybe for them all to be
visible in a block of thumbnails, or to at least have more control over the
speed and direction of the scroll - like the list on the project summary
pages. And the "view projects" text seems like it should be a link to the
projects page.

* I like the look of the top navigation better in the forum section than the
main section. The splash of orange really jumps out at you, and I'd like to
see that on the whole site.

* I wish the logo in the upper left corner was a link back to the home page.

* In the Angel project (and possibly others with multiple gallery pages),
the gallery navigation acted a little differently than what I expected.
When you're in Gallery 1, the nav reads:
  Click Thumbnail | Link to Gallery 2 | Link to Gallery 3
Then, in gallery 2:
  Click Thumbnail | Link to Gallery 1 | Link to Gallery 3
In my opinion, it should be more like:
  Link to Gallery 1 | Click Thumbnail | Link to Gallery 3
And in Gallery 3:
  Link to Gallery 1 | Link to Gallery 2 | Click Thumbnail
In other words, the "click thumbnails" text would be a "You Are Here"
marker, and the links to the other galleries wouldn't jump around.

* Also in the gallery, in the little pseudo-breadcrumb text in the upper
left that says
  Giles Angel
  Photo Gallery 3
I think "Giles Angel" should be a link back to the project summary page.

* On some pages the links are the same color as non-linked text, and that
can get confusing. Especially if I'm expecting the text to be some kind of
navigation, and it's not.

* The text is a little small and low-contrast. I can still read it , but I'm
young and my eyes are corrected to 20/20. Other people might have a hard
time reading it. Since it's an art project site, though, it's your call.

Looks really good. Good work!