[thelist] Desparate, Please Help: Memory Problem [OT]

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Tue May 21 00:40:01 CDT 2002

In a word, no. But the symptoms you described (well done there) really
point to your RAM. Your hard disk is out of the picture, the CPU is 99%
out of the picture. It could be a motherboard issue, but since memory
is fairly cheap, that's the place to start. If putting all new memory
chips in doesn't solve it, then it's probably a motherboard issue. But
those are rare.

High odds it's memory. Besides, you said "I have run a memory
test program - memtest86 - and it found 9 errors while it was going
through test #10." There is points to the error.

--
   Hugh