[thelist] CF scheduled task fails

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue May 21 00:49:01 CDT 2002

>  > I have a task (HTTP request) scheduled if the CF Admin that
>>  consistently fails (IIS 5/Win 2k) ...
>>
>>  - It works when the URL is not password protected
>>  - The template executes correctly when loaded in a browser
>>  - The same task work fine if not password protected
>>  - An identical task works fine for another domain on the same server
>>
>>  Ideas?
>
>You keep mentioning "password protected."  Is the file you are attempting to
>execute protected?

No ... it just has the Anonymous Web User removed from it's
permissions ... and it worked fine before ... that was last month ...
then the client started using it and it doesn't work. And I KNOW
exactly when it started not to work, because it's a several step
process which involves waiting for emails and sending out responses:
it was within 15 minutes of the first time it was used ... the first
step worked, but it never went to the second step ...

That is until I manually loaded the URL into a browser using the same
U/P as had been in the scheduled task.

I've deleted the task and added it again ... nothing.

>   Does the url require special DNS resolution to access?

No.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/