[thelist] Reading emails on the fly.........

Chris Ditty CDitty at email.usps.gov
Tue May 21 14:31:00 CDT 2002

I am trying to write a little program that when I send an email to a certain
address, the program will parse all the information in that email and do various

things with that information.

Example, You send an email to my support email address.  When the server
receives this email
message, it gets all the header information and puts the appropriate information
in the database.

I know this should be possible.  But I am having a hard time getting my head
around how the
parsing process would work.  I know how to run a script when an email is
received, but how do
I read the email on the fly?

Does this make sense?  :)

<Tip type="Javascript">
This is a reuse of an old tip, but still a goodie.

This javascript snippet will show/hide the table borders on the active webpage.
javascript:for(i=0;i<document.all.length;i++)if(document.all[i].tagName=='TABLE'
)void(document.all[i].border=(document.all[i].border=='0')?'1':'0');
</tip>