[thelist] Web Based HTML Editors

Howard Cheng howcheng at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 23 12:09:01 CDT 2002

Here's a pretty complete list of what's available:

http://www.bris.ac.uk/ISC/cms/ttw.html

I liked Ekit myself -- it's a Java applet, but because it uses Swing it
really only works via the Java plug-in and Netscape 4.x doesn't allow
Javascript to communicate to an applet via the plug-in (I think it works OK
with N6).

At 12:37 PM 5/23/2002 +0100, Rob Wilson wrote:
>Hi,
>
>doing some research on these and was wondering whether anyone had any
>experience with these ?
>
>We're looking for a formbased editor which would allow users to edit the
>HTML of pages on the site. Ideally they wouldn't be template based as we're
>looking to slot the HTML produced into our own templates.
>
>At the moment the 2 I've found are Fastpage (Perl) and SoEditor (CF custom
>tag)

Howard Cheng
howcheng at ix.netcom.com
AIM: bennyphoebe