[thelist] win32 perl, maxlength for @argv?

Sam sam at sam-i-am.com
Thu May 23 16:26:01 CDT 2002

> you are probably running out of dos environment space [there is a limit to
> the length of a single  command  line]

that sounds most likely - with further testing the number of files I can
select and pass through varies.

> You can increase the environment space by looking at the 'properties' of
> your shortcut , click on the 'Memory ' tab and increase the 'Initial
> Environment'
> to something like 4096 (the default is 'Auto')

in win2k the properties window I get for the shortcut has these tabs:
General, Shortcut, Options, Font, Layout, Colors, Security

Options has familiar looking options - cursor size, display options,
command history (buffer size, number of buffers), edit options -- but I
don't see anywhere to actually change the environment memory?? does this
live somewhere else ?

many thanks
Sam