[thelist] NoSpam Timid Question that might make me owe a tip :)

KGIII king_galen at hotmail.com
Thu May 23 18:27:01 CDT 2002

But I haven't got any good tips. That was WHY I joined this list! Nor do I know the tip format...  But here is my tip before I ask and stems from a subscription to another list/messageboard that I sometimes visit...

I have found the following to be true...  When you are first starting out with webpage design it is quite helpful and not at all rude to "copy" someone else's work. Make sure that you change it enough to make it your own and avoid using any of their content in the page but the format. Don't take their graphics and don't take their text without consent. You will find most webmasters will be happy to assist others.

A well laid out webpage (not counting scripts) should function the exact same way and look the same on your hard drive before you load them to your server. If you find that the link does not work on your hard drive, chances are it won't work on your webpage either.

I know they are basic but I couldn't think of anything else and I know I am going to be praised by some and yelled at by others. I keep seeing job opportunities being posted in here. I often have work that I don't want to or can't do. Am I allowed to ask in here if there are people who are interested in taking over the job? Example being that I need to do some webpage design work for a guy in the UK who wants to sell ebooks. The ground work is there but I have too much business to do this without actually neglecting something else or not take the time off this weekend (which it looks like I am going to have to do as there is no one willing to do a page in the meager $50 that the pay is even though it is only one page...  I of course am obligated to do it even though the price is so low as that is my company's motto.) Basically is there a place online that you all might recommend where I can put the jobs up for bids or is it OK to do so (original posting only, all others can come to my mail personally) in here? You seem to be some of the most knowledgeable in the field and I often have work like this to do that I simply don't have time or knowledge to do.

Thanks in advance...

Galen