[thelist] links moving in IE4 -- css bug??

Scarlett Julian (ED) Julian.Scarlett at sheffield.gov.uk
Fri May 24 03:13:01 CDT 2002

Hi evolters

I have a recurring problem that I just can't fix. The problem is that in IE4
my links in a css floated left div jump to the left when moused over. I'm
pretty sure it's nothing to do with my a: styles because there is no sizing
or positioning attached to them, only font formatting. One thing I have
noticed is that some other links in another floated div on the same page
which are marked up as <li> do not jump. This is all a bit bizarre and
although I have no objection to not coding for NS4.x I really would like to
have my sites working in IE4.
 I'd really appreciate if some of the css experts on this list with access
to IE4 could take a peek at
http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/services/education/plan/index.htm . A working
copy of the style sheet is at
http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/services/education/plan/style/sop.css.

Many thanks in advance.
Julian

Julian Scarlett
Web Design & Document Management System Officer
PPU
Education Directorate
Sheffield City Council

The information in this email is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in your email software as soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.  If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended please tell us as soon as possible.