[thelist] IIS/URLs: IIS Directory Querystring

Aaron Johnson ajlist at mindseye.com
Fri May 24 13:16:01 CDT 2002

> you could build in such urls by trapping http 404 in an asp page , parsing
> the URL and building the actual asp?stuff out of it (you will have to write
> the code) and then doing a Server.Transfer to that page....
 -- I'm pretty certain that this is impossible in ASP, it works great in
CF, but ASP can't do anything in a 404.

> you could also write an isapi filter dll (it can turn out to be a bit of
> rocket science) which could possibly read from a settings file (containing
> settings similar to that in htaccess...) and translate incoming url
> requests to actual asp?stuff....
> if you are running the most upto date stuff you could take a look at
> ATLServer which is an easier way to write isapi dlls  (i think it ships
> with the .net framework even though it doesnt use the .net runtime...)
 -- or you could download a free one from here:

http://www.pstruh.cz/ (check out URL replacer)... you can get source
code for $30 I think... it works like a charm, does exactly what you
want.

HTH

AJ