[thelist] SQL .. is there a better way ?

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Sat May 25 21:31:00 CDT 2002

Hi Folks ..

Here's a snapshot of some SQL and ASP I'm working on refining.

http://mishka.ca/messedcode.htm

What I'm trying to do is combine the second SQL statement into the first
one.. and for the life of me I'm not at all sure why it's being done the way
it is.  What I wanted to do was get the count of the number of comments in
the first SQL... and output that Count number.  There's really no reason to
check if the rscomment is bof or eof .. at least I don't think there is ..
can't I just output the count even if it is 0 "zero"?

Anyway .. just playing and trying to get this to work and read better.  ;)

If anyone wants to hash it out in IRC [1].. a few of us are there saying we
need an SQL God or Goddess (*hint*).

Mich

[1] /server irc.evolt.org (or /server irc.openprojects.net)
     /join #evolt