[thelist] embed & html validating

Nik Schramm n at industriality.com
Mon May 27 03:08:01 CDT 2002

Galen,

I apologize, but I'm not really sure what exactly it is you're asking
here.

>>What if they are not using the most up to date browser?

Using Flash is all about having the right version of the Flash Player,
it doesn't matter what browser/platform you use. You could be using
Netscape 2 and - as long as you have the right version of the Player -
view recent Flash files in it. That said, the Flash player is not
available for all platforms, although it most certainly is for the main
ones you or your clients might be using. Try it for yourself: Get a copy
of Netscape 2 from the evolt archives, install the Flash 6 player from
the URL I posted before and surf around. The HTML/CSS might let you
down, but the SWF files will work just fine.

>>Will
>>this work in a
>>banner ad?

Will *what* work in a banner ad ?

(Actually, whatever it is that *this* refers to *will* probably work,
because Flash doesn't give a damn whether your file is an elaborate web
app or a banner ad)

>>If you can do it as small as this it is almost invaluable :)
>>to me and the
>>others of my ilk :)

If I can do *what* ? Please explain...

/nik