[thelist] Re: thelist digest, Vol 1 #2333 - 30 msgs

David Lloyd Parker david at image2image.co.uk
Mon May 27 09:28:06 CDT 2002

I'm trying to re-design my site using a table-less layout with CSS. I have a
horizontal menu which contains 5 url's in a div 'back to back', styled by .menubartext
as below. I am trying to use a 100% width on the .menubar class, but the urls fold
round when the browser size can't accommodate the width. So I used 1280px as the
width, but this means a horizontal scrollbar is always present. Can anyone
suggest a better way of doing this please? I'd hate to have to resort to tables
now!

href="foo2" class="menubartext>url2</a>(.....etc)</div</div>

.menubar {
        background-image: url(images/menubarslice.gif);
        background-repeat: repeat-x;
        width: 1280px;

}
.menubartext {
        color: #00F;
        font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 11px;
        margin-left: 15px;
        margin-right: 50px;  /* space between urls */
        text-decoration: none;

}