[thelist] Re: [SQL] deleting records from associated tables

Sean ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Tue May 28 01:31:01 CDT 2002

(This was supposed to go out last Thursday, but didn't.)

Howdy,

I'm working with MS-SQL 2000, which does have cascading referential
integrity constraints, which just happens to be just the thing I need.

Once again, not only have you answered the question I asked, you
answered the question I meant to ask ;)  I don't know if the relational
integrity rules were defined when the child tables were created, but the
database is well constructed and I can add contraints with ALTER TABLE.

I flew out to a client Monday, my ears still haven't un-popped.  This
makes my whole head and it's usual functions feel a little bit off
kilter.

Sean G.