[thelist] IE4 css bug (repost due to lost mail)

Scarlett Julian (ED) Julian.Scarlett at sheffield.gov.uk
Tue May 28 02:45:00 CDT 2002

Hi evolters

I'm afraid that I have to repost because our exchange server has lost some
of my mail and I can't remember where this thread got to.

 To recap the problem; In IE4 the links in the left hand nav menu jump when
 moused over yet the links in the right hand menu don't. Those in the right
 hand menu are all <li> but I'm not sure why this should make a difference.
 This behaviour is not showing in IE5Mac, IE5.5, IE6, Opera6 or NS6.2.

 http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/services/education/plan/index.htm

 The css is located at
 http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/services/education/plan/style/sop.css

Any explanation of why the links jump in IE4 and any possible
hacks/workarounds would be greatly appreciated as this is something that
keeps occurring with my pages. Please note that the css is a working copy
and needs tidying which is why I haven't posted the whole thing in this
mail.

tia

J.

Julian Scarlett
Web Design & Document Management System Officer
PPU
Education Directorate
Sheffield City Council

The information in this email is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in your email software as soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.  If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended please tell us as soon as possible.