[thelist] Joining an ASP session

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue May 28 13:53:01 CDT 2002

At 11:23 AM 5/28/2002, pixel wrote:
>I'm trying to show an alternative view of content, which can only be
>shown when the user requests it via email. This email would be sent to
>the same person using the target session. If you are using Netscape for
>email and web browsing this isn't a problem, but Internet Explorer
>windows opend via Outlook or other email clients are most likely to use
>initiate new session.

Gotcha!

One of the down sides of playing with pre-built functons is that they don't
always do what you want or have enough flexibility.

You "might" be able to force the browser to assume the session buy passing
the sessionID via QueryString and then when the person "returns" force the
session cookie to be the one in the QueryString via some custom coding with
the Response.Cookie functions.

Good Luck.
--
Anthony Baratta