Coding for intranets (was RE: [thelist] Color Chooser Review -- c orrection)

Nicole P nparrot at pair.com
Tue May 28 21:57:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Groen" <mark at markgroen.com>
> I think in the case of the site reviewed here earlier this year that was
show
> casing the Mini cars (www.mini.ca/mini.com) recently introduced to this
> continent is a fine example of when you can pretty safely ignore blind
> surfers. I've never seen too many visually impaired people driving, let
alone
> buying those autos.

But you would be ignoring a mother who's shopping for a car for her son. The
mother may very well be blind.

When doing my Master's (which I never finished), I was working on designing
a work environment for translators. My director said that I could safely
ignore blind people, cause they wouldn't be doing written translation. It
just so happens that my very blind cousin is a translator of the written
word.