Coding for intranets (was RE: [thelist] Color Chooser Review -- c orrection)

JCanfield at magisnetworks.com JCanfield at magisnetworks.com
Tue May 28 23:02:01 CDT 2002

> there are always exceptions... *real* exceptions, too, not
> just convenient excuses to eschew users...
>
> some of us here are even lucky enough to work on them...
>
> did you want specific examples?

Well, my practical interest is in making sure I'm not hosing myself here at
Magis.

We're using exclusively IE6 inhouse. Even the *nix users are going to be
connecting to a Citrix server and using IE. We have quite a few tools over
which I have no control which depend on IE/ActiveX/MS centric stuff.

Insights into dangers I could avoid would be great. Examples of when it's
okay to break the rules would be interesting, too.

Joel

C'mon, Kings!! You let 'em take the last game; don't lose it now! Close
close, every step of the way.