[thelist] Looking for an Internship/Job in Midtown, USA

ERIC JOHNSON ERIC.JOHNSON at desertschools.org
Wed May 29 16:17:01 CDT 2002

Actually I do.

I need an interface that will do all the things I do right now but faster and easier.  It will need to be done fast and I don't have any money to spend but I can give you some stock!

I want it to be friendly, but not muted.  Inviting, but not bright.  Colorful, but poignant.  This may change once I see what you've done, which can't be previewed until I see what it would look like in final draft anyway.  Again, I will probably change my mind completely once I see what I've said actually looks like.

When you're done, I'll have some more recommendations for you to do.  Unfortunately I won't be able to look at what you did.  I'm sure it's great but think of it this way: out of 100 comps, 98 will be junk.  But that's ok because it will make you stronger, and me lazier.  Ultimately I will have a product I like and that's what's important!

Forgive the above, it is meant in jest.  Unfortunately this is the kind of stuff you will face with most companies and management :/  Are you at all familiar with web scripting languages?  Cold Fusion is beginning to show some real promise with Flash as an interface.  There is a lot of literature about tying in Cold Fusion and Flash on the web and CF is a very easy language to get started with.  If you're looking for professional jobs, there are a lot of insurance and real estate agents that would love an "interactive" site or at least some better multimedia.  Might even be able to turn a buck with those.

Good luck,

Eric Johnson

>>> waxplanet at sunflower.com 05/29/02 02:01PM >>>

Dear Evolters,

I am 12 hours shy of completing an Advanced Certificate for Interactive
Media.  Is there anyone on this list in the Kansas City, Topeka, or
Lawrence area that would be willing to take me under their mentor wing?
I have experience using Dreamweaver, Flash, and Director.  I'm just
entering the advanced stages of Flash and Director.  Need help on a
project?  Need someone to do the grunt web work?  I'm looking for that
special opportunity, even if it is only for the summer.

I currently work 30 hours a week at Johnson County Community College as
a Computer Lab Assistant.  Troubleshooting is my middle name and I aim
to please.

Thanks for taking the time.

Janet FitzGerald