[thelist] UK version of Paypal

Adrian Simmons adrian at cubitum.co.uk
Thu May 30 10:34:01 CDT 2002

At 4:09 pm +0100 30/5/02, ~kristina wrote:
>So I thought perhaps we could
>   use something like PayPal (www.paypal.com)
>   - I would prefer to use a UK version, as client would like to
>   accept switch/solo.  Does anyone know of an UK version.

Have a look at NOCHEX, it's very similar to PayPal, and is indeed in the UK:
<http://www.nochex.com/>

I've used this as a buyer and quite like it.

>   What are the pros and cons of this?
In order to make payments (AFAIK) a customer would have to open an
account (assuming they didn't already have one. And this is going to
put a lot of people off, just too inconvenient.

I think what you are really looking for is a PSP (Payment Service
Provider), would WorldPay offer what you need?
<http://www.worldpay.co.uk/uk/index.html>

HTH

--
Adrian

e-mail <mailto:adrian at cubitum.co.uk>
Web Site <http://www.cubitum.co.uk>
NS/AOL and Yahoo Instant Message ID <adrianatcubitum>
ICQ <116419539>