[thelist] Accessibility Question

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri May 31 09:04:01 CDT 2002

Hi Martin,

<snip>
>RonL.
>(Newly 'deputized' internal accessibility guru.)

hey, nice turnaround on getting that role
</snip>

Thanks - it's a new suit, we'll see how well it fits!  I think it's going to be interesting!  Also, thanks for the link - I can see I've got more reading to do before it all sinks in - but I'm on the road now.

Hey Rob - Would the "long description" be a possibility?

<swiped>
longdesc = uri [CT]
This attribute specifies a link to a long description of the image. This description should supplement the short description provided using the alt attribute. When the image has an associated image map, this attribute should provide information about the image map's contents. This is particularly important for server-side image maps. Since an IMG element may be within the content of an A element, the user agent's mechanism in the user interface for accessing the "longdesc" resource of the former must be different than the mechanism for accessing the href resource of the latter.
</swiped>

HTH,

RonL.