508 applies to private companies Was: Re: [thelist] (no subject)

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at cph.org
Fri May 31 11:23:08 CDT 2002

> I think that its in everyone's best interest to try and
> implement section 508/WAI guidelines so they don't get sued.

AAUGH! What ever happened to just wanting to help someone? It took me an
afternoon to make a 100+ page corporate site conform to the WAI guidelines.
That's less than 4 hours of my time, but now literally hundreds if not
thousands of people who couldn't access their content before can do so now.

Accessibility is not about covering your ass.

> It's just common sense (as well as ethical, moral, etc.)

Glad you put that line in there, Judah. I agree. But I think that the
ethics/morals don't factor into it as much as the common sense part, and
respect for your fellow man (or woman).

</rant>

-Ken Kogler